REHABILITATION & PHYSIOTHERAPY
Cardiac Rehabilitation :
Cardiac rehabilitation is a customized exercise and life-style modification programme designed to improve the overall quality of life after you have suffered a heart attack, undergone a heart surgery, or if you are at risk of having heart diseases. The goal of cardiac rehabilitation is to help you regain strength, to prevent your condition from aggravating and to reduce your risk of future heart problems.
- Recover faster and feel better
- Improve stamina and strength
- Reduce the risks of future heart problem
- Improve longevity and quality of life
Cardiac Rehabilitation is necessary for :
- Patients who had myocardial Infarction (heart attack).
- Patients who have undergone surgical intervention such as angioplasty, bypass surgery, valve replacements, Transplants, correction of complex congenital defects etc.
- Patients who have heart diseases such as cardio-myopathies and are experiencing symptoms like chest pain, breathlessness and palpitation.
- Patients who have heart disease but are asymptomatic and those people who have the risk for developing heart disease.
Cardiac Rehabilitation Benefits :
- Cardiac rehabilitation helps you rebuild your life both physically and emotionally
- Improves physical fitness and exercise tolerance
- Reduces future risk of heart disease
- Reduce cholesterol levels
- Better control of blood sugar levels in case of diabetics
- Contributes to blood pressure control in hypertensive
- Builds up confidence to resume work and normal activities of daily living
- Speeds up psychological aspect of recovery, and helps in mood elevation
- Improves one’s awareness of heart disease
- Improves dietary habits and lifestyle
Paediatric Rehabilitation :
Paediatric rehabilitation is concerned with the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and intervention of children, from birth to adolescence, who are experiencing functional limitations or disability due to trauma, a disorder or disease process.
Commonly Treated conditions include cerebral palsy, genetic syndromes, autism, Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), obstetric brachial palsy lesions, torticollis, CTEV (congenital talipes equinovarus), CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia), Post surgical and post Botox conditions. We study the system impairments leading to functional limitations and participation restrictions in areas of home school and play. The goal of treatment is to diminish impairments and functional limitations to prevent or decrease disability. Treatment may be focused on improving developmental tasks, motor planning, manipulation skills, balance, and/or coordination. The affected child may present with difficulties with ambulation, positioning, communication, attention, cognition, and/or motor function.
Following therapies are provided under Pediatric Rehabilitation:
- Sensory Integration therapy and Play therapy : deals with children showing sensory integration dysfunction and include problems related to sense of touch, smell, hearing, taste and/or sight. This also includes Children with difficulties in movement, coordination and sensing where one’s body is in a given space. SI therapy is used in treatments of common disorders like Autism Spectrum diseases, Developmental co-ordination disorder, Sensory Processing disorders etc to name a few.
- Neurodevelopmental Therapy : deals with children showing atypical posture and movement strategies to perform their functions resulting from CNS insults and dysfunction (e.g. Cerebral Palsy, Stroke, Head injury). NDT-trained therapists work collaboratively with individuals, family, caregivers and physicians to develop comprehensive treatment programs based on the principles of human neurology and physiology.
- Early Intervention Therapy : is a system of coordinated services that promotes the child’s growth and development and supports families during the critical early years. This approach aims at aiding infants who are NICU graduates and are at a high risk of significant developmental delays or other disabilities. This therapy comprises of early sensory and motor activities through play therapy which comprises of tactile, visual, auditory and orosensory stimulation.
- Visual Rehabilitation : our team plays an integral part in identifying Visual impairments in children with special needs ranging from Squints, refractive errors, congenital cataract, Lazy eye, strabismus etc. This therapy improves your Visual Information Process Skills by training visual components of Perception, Tracking, Focusing, and Eye Teaming. Throng with a referral to the ophthalmologist.
- Orthotics and Prosthetics : Musculoskeletal impairments, joint weakness or the inability of any joint or muscle group to function correctly can greatly decrease a Childs quality of life and mobility. We therefore conduct detailed evaluations to assess the child for the need of an orthosis (an apparatus used to support, align, prevent or correct deformities) and prescribe a tailor made orthosis to aid him/her in achieving improved function and mobility.
- Home Care Sessions : we provide home care session in the form of Home therapy visits by our therapists for children who are unable to follow up regular therapy at our hospital owing to various constraints and problems.
- Video and Written Home Program : to cater to the requirements of our Outstation and International patients we offer a written or a video CD of a tailor made therapy program for them to be followed up back home in the home environment, so that the child does not miss out on therapy and can come back for follow up after a certain time interval.
Physiotherapy is a health care profession that provides treatment to individuals to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and function throughout life. A team of experienced physiotherapists at the Hospital judiciously chart the course of your recovery, helping you regain your wellbeing.
Services Offered :
Orthopaedic Rehabilitation : The treatment encompasses a wide variety of medical and surgical Orthopaedic conditions such as Arthritis, Joint replacement surgeries, amputations, fractures and several pain producing muscular and bony disorders, strains and sprains.
Post trauma Rehabilitation : Aims to enhance and restore functional ability and quality of life in individuals with physical impairments or disabilities inflicted by accidents, amputations, fractures etc.
Post Joint Replacement Rehabilitation : Physical rehabilitation plays a vital role in rebuilding strength, agility, and range of motion in patients after any joint replacement surgery. Strength and balance is improved by exercising on various pneumatically controlled exercise stations and computerized balance trainers.
Neuro Rehabilitation : Physiotherapy in neurological disorders is concerned with rehabilitation of individuals with brain or spinal cord injury. Patient focused and customized healthcare strategies are designed for individuals with following conditions:
- Head Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Peripheral Nerve Injury
- Muscular Dystrophy
Balance and Co-ordination Training : A vital element of rehabilitation program. The MTD trainer has a platform that can measure and train balance, symmetry, speediness, strength, capacity as well as coordination. It consists of number of computerized tasking, which enhances the perception, cognition and anticipation. The exercises on MTD can be tailored for patients as per the body weight and requirement. The training by MTD trainer is supported by visual and audible feedback.
On MTD, balance can be trained while performing various activities in different body positions such as sitting, squatting, one leg standing, toe standing, forward bending, backward bending, jumping, etc.
Weight supported Harness system : It is used for patients with poor trunk control to help them walk safely without falling. Stroke patients can be ambulated on treadmill using the harness system.
Tilt table : It is used for postural orientation and standing with support in paralyzed patients.
Spine Rehabilitation : Various spine related problems like Spondylosis, which cause neck and back pain, disc problems and postural disorders, are treated using advanced manual therapy and joint mobilization techniques on highly specialized manual therapy table.
Sports Rehabilitation : It plays a vital role in multi-disciplinary management of sports injuries. We aim to treat and fully rehabilitate an athlete after his injury or surgery and regain his ability to participate in sports in shortest possible time. Most advanced exercise equipments that help improve strength, stamina, endurance, flexibility, balance stability, proprioception, speed and agility are used.
Pulmonary Rehabilitation : Pulmonary rehabilitation is an integral part of the clinical management and health maintenance of patients with sub acute or chronic lung conditions. It helps train respiratory muscles and develops physical and respiratory endurance in such patients. It is indicated in respiratory conditions like :
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Interstitial lung disease
- Thoracic surgery
Pain Management & Electrotherapy : Physiotherapy is an integral part of pain management and is effective in different conditions like spondylosis, frozen shoulder, osteoarthritis and inflammation of joints, strains and sprains of muscles & ligaments and sports injuries.
The Centre Offers the Following Modalities in Pain Management :
- Short Wave Diathermy
- Long Wave Diathermy
- Ultrasonic Therapy & Phonophoresis
- Infra Red Lamp
Advanced Pain Relieving modalities like :
- Shock Wave Therapy
- Combo therapy
LASER involves the application of specific wavelengths of light to affected body tissues. It reduces inflammation, decreases pain level, accelerates soft tissue and bone repair and increases tissue tensile strength. It is used in treating conditions like :
- Arthritis (rheumatoid, osteoarthritis)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Tennis Elbow
- Myofascial Trigger Points
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Chondromalacia Patellae
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Back Pain ,Knee Pain, Shoulder Pain
- Sports Injuries
Shock Wave Therapy is very effective in resolving chronic pain, calcification, adhesions and give excellent results in the management of ligaments and tendons injuries. It is used in treating conditions like :
- Plantar fasciitis
- Tennis/Golfer’s elbow
- Achilles tendinitis
- Calcific shoulder tendinitis
- Frozen shoulder
- Patellar tendinitis
Combo therapy provides combined benefits of ultrasonic therapy and various advance current therapies such as Russian current, diadynamic current and micro current. It uses biofeedback for muscle strengthening.
Antenatal and Postnatal Classes : Special classes are conducted for groups of would-be-mothers. It helps them get ready for labour and child birth. Postnatal exercises help in uterine involution and also in restoring the perineal muscle tone. It also focuses on strengthening abdominal and back muscles. Our aim is to help you regain the pre-pregnancy physical fitness.