The heart of our Pulmonary Center in Kalsekar Hospital Kausa, Mumbra specialists are very experienced in the examination, diagnosis, and treatment of all pulmonary and respiratory system diseases. Rehabilitation and consultation services are also provided to enhance patients’ quality of life during treatment and after. Physicians and staff work as a unified team for the best treatment results.
Abnormal symptoms of lung and respiratory system, difficulty in breathing, coughing, chest pain and discolored or bloody phlegm are indications of lung and respiratory system abnormalities. The Kalsekar Hospital Pulmonary Center offers treatment of diseases such as:
- Common lung diseases
- COPD (Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
- Lung cancer, metastatic cancers of the lungs (cancers that developed in other parts of the lung), mesothelioma
- Lung infection, e.g. tuberculosis, pneumonia, bronchitis, fungal infection
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary embolism and pulmonary arterial hypertension
- Lung flukes and other lung worms
- Snoring and apnea
- Occupational Lung Diseases
- Heavy metal lung diseases, e.g. aluminosis
- Occupational asthma
- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis
- Allergic respiratory disease and environmental lung diseases
1. Diagnosis : Pulmonary Centre is well equipped with medical instruments and technologies for the diagnosis and assessment of disease severity.
- Chest x-ray
- CT scan
- Low-dose computerized tomography – It is a technology that use low radiation dose and can generate a three-dimensional images with high resolution.
- Ventilation-perfusion scan
- Pulmonary function testing
- Sleep test – It is used to diagnosis and evaluate the severity of sleep disorders, e.g. snoring, difficulty in breathing, and apnea
2. Treatment : The treatment options depend on the symptoms and conditions the patient has. Examples of treatment options are :
|Lung infection||Antibiotic treatment|
|Lung cancer||Surgery, Chemotherapy|
|Interstitial lung diseases||Steroid treatment or other medication|
|Obstructive respiratory disease e.g. asthma, COPD||Medications such as bronchodilators, steroids, or antihistamines|
3. Pulmonary rehabilitation : At Kalsekar Hospital, Pulmonary Center works with Rehabilitation Center in order to improve lung function including a therapy, before and after lung surgery to reduce pain and enable the patients to have a normal daily life.
Dr. Shahid Patel
MD Pulmonary Medicine, MBBS
Timings : Mon, Wed, Fri 3:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Private)