The Department of Psychiatry at Kalsekar Hospital Kausa, Mumbra caters to people suffering from difficulties with their behaviour, emotions (feelings) and thinking, which may disrupt their socio-occupational routine. Commonly treated disorders are:
- Depression : Sadness of mood, crying spells, sleep disturbances, reduced appetite, feeling tired (lethargic), a lack of interest in work and pleasurable activities, anger outbursts & suicidal tendencies.
- Anxiety : Excessive worrying, restlessness, nervousness, palpitations, excessive sweating, tremulousness.
- Schizophrenia & other Psychosis : Suspiciousness, talking to self, hearing voices, abusive-aggressive behaviour, disorganized/disinhibited behaviour.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders : Preoccupation with repetitive cleaning/checking, renaming lost in thought, spending excessive time in the bathroom.
- Substance Abuse/Dependence : Excessive use/consumption of potentially harmful and mind-altering illicit substances like alcohol, tobacco, cannabis, opium, brown sugar, cocaine, etc.
- Sexual Dysfunction : Lack of desire, reduced libido, erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation.
- Relationship issues : Marital discord/disharmony
- Childhood disorders : Academic difficulties, bedwetting, nail biting, ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
Our consultants are also parenting experts who can help the normal parents who are having a tough time raising their children in a competitive demanding world. The main modalities of treatment are:
- Talk Therapy
- Counseling & Psychotherapy
- Behaviour Therapy Psychopharmacology- Medication
Dr. Siddesh Parhar
MBBS, DPM, FIPS Pshychiatrist, Sexelogist
Timings : Wed 6:30 to 7:30 (Private)