The Orthopedic Center at Kalsekar Hospital Kausa, Mumbra offers a complete range of diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical orthopaedic services. The Center’s orthopaedic specialists bring training and experience and offer patients a broad array of orthopaedic interventions.
- General orthopedics
- Spine surgery, including endoscopic microdiscectomy
- Orthopedic oncology (musculoskeletal tumors)
- Treatment of peripheral nerve disorders
- Metabolic bone diseases: including osteoporosis or diseases resulting in a reduction in bone mass
- Orthopedic trauma
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Arthroscopy & sports medicine
- Joint replacement
- Hip replacement
- Knee joint replacement
- Hand surgery
- Foot surgery
- Dedicated outpatient clinic
- Specialized cast rooms and treatment areas
- Bone densitometry (for measuring osteoporosis and bone density)
- ESWT (extracorporeal shock wave therapy) for non-invasive treatment of chronic tendonitis: ESWT
- The Kalsekar Hospital provides rehabilitation medical consultation and physiotherapy
- Digitized online x-rays
Our Casualty is capable of handling all Life and limb saving procedures.
- Joint Replacement – Primary and Revision surgery for Hip, Knee, Shoulder & Elbow
- Arthroscopic Surgery of hip, knee, shoulder and elbow, ankle and wrist joint
- Bone And Muscle Infection Treatment Modalities.
- Bony Deformity Correction Including Spine Deformity Correction.
- Sports Medicine
- Spine Surgery – Disc Surgery, Corrective surgery for degenerative Spine problem, Scoliosis surgery & Infection of spine
- Paediatric Orthopedics
- Trauma Centre with 24 hrs Emergency Casualty Services
Sports Medicine Clinic
Sports Medicine is a branch of collaborative medicine that specializes in preventing, diagnosing and treating injuries sustained during sports or exercise. Our goal is to assist the patient in return to sports and to achieve peak performance and prevent any future problems.
Sports medicine is not only for the competitive athlete but also for a non-athlete who enjoys playing sports or exercise occasionally.
Services Offered :
- Joint consultation by sports medicine orthopaedic surgeon and physiotherapist experienced in care of professional sports persons.
- Diagnosis & management of all injuries arising from participating in sports or exercise.
Trauma Care Unit
Kalsekar hospital is equipped with a 24 hour functioning accident and emergency care ward.
We offer emergency and elective services for all types of bone fractures and dislocation including.
- Emergency surgeries for fracture stabilisation.
- Emergency management of joint dislocation.
- Arterial repair and reconstruction for blood vessel injuries due to fracture.
- Repair and reconstruction for nerve injuries.
- Tendon repair and reconstructions.
- Plastic surgical intervention if required.
- Stabilisation of bony fractures by minimally invasive surgeries for faster recovery.
- ICU support as and when needed.
Joints of the shoulder, elbow, hip and knee get damaged due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, infection or due to injury. Sometimes the damage is irreversible with pain and disability being severe. In such cases, joint replacement helps in relieving pain and helps the patient to move about independently and improves quality of life. In joint replacement, the damaged cartilage and structures are replaced with metallic and special polyethene surfaces which restore movement.
- Total knee replacement.
- Total hip replacement.
- Total shoulder replacement.
These surgeries are done in state of the art operation theaters which insure sterility of procedures. The implants used as best in class imported implants which ensure longevity and excellent results. At Kalsekar hospital a team of specialist joint replacement surgeons with trained staff help in fast and painless recovery from joint replacement surgery.
Arthroscopy / Minimal invasive procedure
Arthroscopic surgery is used to treat a variety of traumatic and degenerative conditions of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee and ankle joints of the body. It entails use of keyhole incisions and the pathology of joints are seen and treated with the help of arthroscope and specialized instruments. The advantages are faster recovery, quicker discharge from hospital and early return to work.
Following surgeries are available at Kalsekar Hospital :
- Knee ligament reconstruction including anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), Medial and lateral cruciate ligament (MCL & LCL), postero-lateral complex (PLC) reconstruction.
- Knee meniscus surgeries including meniscus repair.
- Cartilage surgeries including autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI).
- Arthroscopic shoulder surgeries for rotator cuff repair, Bankart repair for shoulder dislocation, SLAP repair etc.
- Advanced arthroscopic techniques for hip, ankle and elbow problems and injuries.
Sports Injury management
- Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow.
- Various ligament injuries around joints.
- Various muscle strains and tears.
- Throwing injuries of shoulder and elbow.
- Instability of shoulder, elbow, knee, ankles.
- Various joint repairs and dislocations.
Joint preservation procedures
- Osteotomies around knee and hip e.g. high tibial osteotomy for bone realignment.
- Arthroscopic meniscal root repairs.
- Decompression for Avascular necrosis hip.
The human spine forms the main framework of the human body. These surgeries are done using advanced spine surgery equipment which ensure negligible complication and infection rates. Also advanced pain management techniques help in quicker and smooth transition to normalcy.
Procedures performed for spine care are :
- Spine fractures and injuries.
- Infections of spine including tuberculosis.
- Degenerative spine diseases due to old age.
- Disc prolapsed, spinal canal stenosis, Spondylolisthesis.
- Spine deformity either due to injury, infection or developed with age.
- Minimally invasive techniques like microdiscectomy, endoscopic spine surgery.
- Procedures under local anesthesia like epidural facet injections.
Day care facilities
These procedures done with latest minimally invasive techniques allow for quick recovery and same day discharge.
- Bone implant removal
- Carpal tunnel release.
- Wrist tenosynovitis surgery.
- Minor knee and shoulder arthroscopic procedures.
- Plaster treatment for fractures.
- Joint manipulation for stiff joints.
- Removal of small tumors.
Dr. Aniket Sonavne
MS ORTHO,(Gold Medal)
Arthroscopy & Sports MedicinE & Joint Replacement
Timings : Mon to Sat – 10 AM to 1 PM (Private/Charity)
Dr. Dilawar Tonkwala
Complex Trauma Joint Replacements
Timings : Mon to Sat – 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Private)
Dr. Fayaz Memon
MS ORTH(BOM), Fellowship Arthroscopy Sports
Orthoppeadician & Arthroscopy Sports Medicine Specialist
Timings : Sat – 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM (Private)
Dr. Shakeel Nachan
M.S ORTHO(Mumbai university)
Orthopaedic Surgeries, Trauma, Hand Surgery
Tue – 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (Private)
Tue – 9:30 AM to 10:30 PM (Charity)
Dr. V K Anil
MBBS, M.S(ORTHO), D.(ORTHO)
Timings : Wed 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM (Charity)