The Opthalmic Department at Kalsekar Hospital in kausa, Mumbra provides care and treatment services for diseases and conditions associated with the eyes, from general problems to treatment that requires the expertise of specialists. We have a team of ophthalmologists from every field related to the eyes as well as modern tools and equipment for diagnosis and treatment.
Center for Eye-Related Experts
The OPTHALMIC Center of KALSEKAR HOSPITAL is made up of experts in various fields that cover all problems related to the eyes, including
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstruction surgery
- Retinal disorders
- Pediatric ophthalmology & strabismus
- Refractive surgery
- Comprehensive vision testing
- Complete eye examination services
- Pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus : comprehensive exam, treatment and surgery
- Pediatric visual screening
- Pediatric eye diseases
- Pediatric and adult strabismus
- Major & minor eye surgery
- Retinal surgery
- Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Functional and cosmetic eyelid surgery
- Lacrimal surgery
- Orbital surgery
- Corneal transplant surgery
- Cataract surgery/artificial intraocular lens implantation
- Refractive eye surgery
- ReLEx SMILE
- Glaucoma treatment
- Ocular prosthesis (artificial eye)
- Fitting for contact lenses and eyeglasses
- Complete eye examination
Facilities and Equipment
- One well-equipped ophthalmology examination rooms
- A-Scan (ultrasound biometry)
- Fluorescein angiogram
- Air tonometer
- Ocular topograph
- Endo laser (for glaucoma)
- YAG laser
- Excimer laser for refractive surgery
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty for glaucoma
- Rigid nasal endoscope for endoscopic dacryocystorhinostomy
Ophthalmology department of Kalsekar Hospital eye care provides state of the art and most modern ophthalmic services for various eye conditions.
Cataract and Refractive Surgery
With advanced Phacoemulsification techniques using the state of the art equipment, the centre offers sutureless cataract surgery with Foldable Intraocular Lens Implantation including monofocal, multifocal aberration free IOLs and accommodative IOLs. YAG-Laser Capsulotomy for the treatment of after cataract.
Glaucoma detection using Tonometry (Noncontact, Applanation), Computerized Automated visual field testing, pachymetry, Gonioscopy and Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT).
Glaucoma treatment is done with laser (YAG laser iridotomy, selective laser trabeculoplasty), penetrating and non penetrating surgeries (Trabeculectomy with anti metabolites, NPDS and drainage valve surgeries for advanced and resistant glaucomas.)
Retina & Vitreous
Treatment of various retinopathies like Diabetic Retinopathy, Hypertensive Retinopathies, Central Serous Retinopathy, Venous Occlusions, Eales Disease and Retinopathy of prematurity using lasers with silt-lamp, Indirect Ophthalmoscopic laser delivery and Endolaser, Photodynamic Therapy(PDT) and injections of anti-VEGF agents(Avastin,Macugen,Lucentis)for neovascular membranes in Age related macular degeneration (ARMD). Advanced Vitreoretinal microsurgery with use of perfluorocarbons, silicone oil and band buckle for complicated retinal detachment, complicated diabetic cases with hemorrhage, and retinal detachments for posterior segment trauma, epiretinal membranes, macular holes and submacular surgeries.
- Detection and treatment of corneal disorders-like corneal infections, keratoconus, pterygium etc,
- Pterygium surgery with auto-graft with amniotic membrane transplant
- Full fledged Corneal Transplant Programme
Squint & Orthoptic Service
Detection and surgical correction of Squint and Amblyopia treatment
For diagnosis and treatment of various eye disorders including refractive errors and lazy eye treatment, Congenital Cataract, Retinopathy of prematurity(ROP) – Screening, laser treatment and Vitreoretinal surgeries
Uveitis & Ocular Inflammation
Diagnosis and treatment of primary and secondary inflammatory conditions of the eye
Orbit & Oculoplasty
Eyelid surgery for entropion, ectropin and ptosis, socket surgery and removal of orbital tumors
Diagnosis and treatment of inter-related disorders of the eye and neurological System
Contact lens & Low Vision Aids
- Department can provide the best available soft disposable contact lenses for the correction of refractive errors including astigmatism and cosmetic contact lenses to enhance the appearance for ones eyes.
- For the correction of complicated glasses prescription & eye conditions, Rigid Gas-Permeable (semi-soft) contact lenses and Keratoconus contact lenses are also dispensed.
- Prosthetic lenses and bandage contact lenses are also prescribed.
- Low vision aids clinic offers rehabilitative services to patients with low vision in the form of various optical magnifiers and digital low vision devices.
Dr. Irfan Khatib
Timings : Every Month 3rd Sunday
Dr. Neelam Pokar
MBBS,(BOM)DOMS(BOM), Opthalmic Surgeon
Thur – 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Private)
Tue – 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM (Charity)