The Department of Neurosciences at Kalsekar Hospital deals with all pathological conditions involving the central and peripheral nervous system. The department aims to provide comprehensive neurological care for patients. We have specialised and sub specialised doctors who use state-of-the-art equipment to examine and treat patients.
The Neurosurgical unit is supported by the Imaging/Radiology department which runs day and night. Neuro-Radiology section of this department houses the 128 Slice Dual Source CT scan and 1.5 Tesla high resolution MRI scan with various options. These services are in addition to the conventional Radiology procedures performed in the Imaging Centre.
Neuro-Surgical unit is also supported by the Neuro intensive unit which is equipped with high tech machinery and is manned round the clock and supervised by a specialist Intensivist. Each patient is looked after vigilantly & has wide range of intensive monitoring options, Intracranial Pressure (ICP), multi-channel monitors & high end ventilators.
We perform Diagnostic Angioplasty and Endovascular procedures for Aneurysms and Arteriovenous Malformations (AVMs) involving use of Coils & glue injection.
Neurological investigations like EEG, Video EEG and Electrophysiology are also performed regularly.
There is an excellent Physiotherapy department to look after rehabilitation and additional facilities like occupational therapy; speech therapy and other otological services are also provided within the hospital premises. The range of care provided includes management of:
- Alzheimer’s Disease
- Brain Tumours
- Craniovertebral Junction Abnormalities
- Head Injury
- Pituitary Tumours
- Cerebral Aneurysm and AVM
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
- Paediatric Brain Tumours & Hydrocephalus
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Minimally – Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spine Tumours
- Spinal Dysraphism
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Wilson Disease
The services offered at Kalsekar Hospital are :
- Electroencephalography (EEG) to study activity graph of the brain
- Electromyography (EMG) to study activity graph of the muscles
- Minimally invasive spine surgery, where doctors use equipment to access the spine through small gashes
Other Services Offered :
- Burr hole surgeries
- Brain and spine surgery
- Complex spinal surgery
- Surgery for spinal cord tumour
- Surgery for acute head injuries and spinal injuries
- Surgery for intracranial bleed
- Surgery for stroke and stroke prevention
- Skull base surgery
- Surgeries for Parkinson’s disease
- Endovascular coiling of Aneurysm and vascular malformation
- Intensive care for neurology cases