MOTHER & CHILD CARE
The Centre deals with the entire spectrum from preconception planning to pregnancy care, child birth and postpartum care, thus ensuring the safest possible conception, pregnancy, delivery and post delivery care.
The Centre has a committed & patient-centric team of experienced clinicians supported by specialist nursing staff. Equipment in the department is the latest and the technology is the ‘cutting edge’ in this field. We cater to all the obstetric women and have a special High Risk Obstetric clinic. Fetal monitoring is done by 3D ultrasound machines. Every need of the mother and child can be met at the Hospital.
Services Offered :
1. Pre Pregnancy Counseling
Pre-pregnancy counseling is offered to any woman planning a baby.
A thorough medical check up is done to detect ailments such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, heart problems, and others if any.
- Diagnosis, treatment and advice are offered to stabilize the would-be mother before pregnancy.
- Genetic counseling, if necessary, is offered.
- Screening for Rubella immune status, Haemoglobin electrophoresis and sexually transmitted diseases like HIV / Hepatitis B is offered.
- Your Dietary intake will be reviewed and advice will be given by dieticians.
- Women with problems like Uterine septum, polycystic ovary and endometriosis are assessed and treated.
- Expecting mothers who have taken to drugs, smoking and drinking are counseled on its repercussions on pregnancy.
- Regular Follow up
2. Obstetric and Gynaecological Consultation (Antenatal Clinic)
- Our clinic offers consultation, counseling and treatment for the antenatal care.
- A detailed first consultation encompasses elaborate history taking into account of your general health, illness, habits, allergies and past pregnancy if any.
- All your queries are answered by expert doctors along with medicines, diet, exercise, necessary investigations and dos and don’ts during pregnancy.
- Regular Follow up is necessary for healthy pregnancy and delivery of baby.
3. High Risk Pregnancy
- Genetic counseling is provided for high risk pregnancy cases.
- Prenatal screening and diagnosis with facilities, which include biochemical marker screening, chorion villus sampling, aminocentsis, fetal blood sampling and advanced ultrasonic for detection of fetal anomalies.
- Extensive ante – partum and intra- partum fetal suveillance
- Specialized neonatal care.
- Fetal Medicine.
4. Postnatal Care and Contraception
- Follow-up examination and baby care.
- Counseling regarding various family planning methods like sterilization, intrauterine contraceptive device insertion, condoms, combination contraceptive pills, contraceptive injections etc.
- Changes in the Body, general Body Care and getting Back to Shape.
- Postnatal exercises
- Breast Feeding
- Common Newborn Problems
5. Antenatal Exercise & Physiotherapy
- Special classes are conducted for would-be-mothers to get them ready for labor and child birth.
- Postnatal exercises help in uterine involution and in restoring the perineal muscle tone. It also focuses on strengthening abdominal and back muscles.
- Our aim is to help you regain the pre-pregnancy physical fitness.
Gynaecology deals with any disease of female reproductive system i.e. uterus, vagina, ovaries and fallopian tubes. The most common gynecological problems face by women are menstrual irregularities, heavy bleeding and pain during menstrual cycles and vaginal discharge. Abnormal uterine bleeding can be due to various causes like Fibroids (Myoma), Adenomyosis and Hormonal imbalance.
Today the women are empowered with education and better career options and are seeking advice for Family Planning and Contraception. Our Gynaecologist would guide and help them to make the right choices for family planning.
We offer the following Gynaecological Surgeries:
- Hysterectomy which can be performed Vaginally / Abdominally / Laparoscopically
- Vaginal repair like Hymenoplasty, Cystocele, Rectocele repair
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy i.e.removal of fibroid
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Laparoscopic management of Tubal or ectopic pregnancy
- Vaginal vault suspension
- Fertility enhancing surgeries like adhesiolysis, cornual cannulation
- Hysteroscopic metroplasty, submucous myomectomy
All forms of Gynaecological surgeries are performed in this hospital.