ENDOCRINOLOGY / DIABETOLOGY
The Diabetes Department at Kalsekar Hospital in kausa, Mumbra offers a comprehensive approach to the treatment of diabetes and other endocrine disorders.
The endocrine system is a complex group of glands. Glands are organs that make hormones. And hormones are substances that help in controlling the activities in the body. Hormones control reproduction, metabolism, growth and development. They also control our responses to the surroundings, and help provide an adequate amount of energy and nutrition for the bodily functions. The endocrine glands in our body are- the thyroid, parathyroid, pancreas, ovaries, testes, adrenal, pituitary and hypothalamus.
Common endocrine diseases and disorders treated successfully at Kalsekar Hospital :
- Thyroid diseases
- Metabolic disorders
- Over/under production of hormones
- Cholesterol(lipid) disorders
- Lack of growth (short stature)
- Cancers of the endocrine glands
- Identification of “pre-diabetes” to prevent the onset of the disease
- Provision of treatment protocols for women with prenatal diabetes.
- Laser treatment to treat diabetic eye disease and prevent blindness
- Dietary and behavioral counseling
- Personal health and medical education
- Identification and management of other hormonal diseases
- Examination rooms for private consultations and physical exams
- Phlebotomy station/vital signs unit
- Complete imaging & lab facilities
Dr. Shabee Siddiqui
MBBSDD (Diploma & Diabetologist)
Mon, Tue, Wed – 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Thu, Fri, Sat – 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM